Since Final Cut Pro 10.0.0, there has been a secret debug menu, that's not user accessible.
You can explore the debug menu by following these steps:
- Make a duplicate of your Final Cut Pro application for safety.
- Right click on the Final Cut Pro application bundle and select "Show Package Contents".
Show Package Contents
- Navigate to "Contents > Resources > en.lproj" (assuming your system is set to English).
- Copy the
MainMenu.nibfile to your desktop.
- Right click on the
MainMenu.nibfile and select "Services > NibDecompiler".
- Double click on
MainMenu.nibto open it in Xcode.
- If presented with a "Trust opening older file format?" warning, select "Open and Upgrade".
- If presented with a "The document MainMenu.nib has an internal inconsistency that was found and repaired", select "OK".
- Select the "Debug" menu in the Interface Builder and press CMD+D to duplicate it.
Duplicate Debug Menu Item
- Close Xcode.
- Move the
MainMenu.nibfile from your desktop back into your Final Cut Pro application, replacing the original.
- Now when you open Final Cut Pro, you'll have access to the Debug Menu.
Debug Menu Item